Thursday, September 29, 2011

At the Table

I heard the most interesting application of Exodus 25:23-30 today on 'Homekeepers with Arthelene Rippy' (1pm, CTN Ch 22, Tampa/Clearwater, FL).  

The lady Arthelene was interviewing has written a book on the Table God told Moses to build ... with purpose for all the details ... and comment on the fact that the height of the table is almost exactly what we generally use today for our dining room tables among many others. But toward the end of today's interview, the lady said something about offenses at the dinner table leaving scars on children that result in their own use of a dinner table when they are grown, and have the opportunity to share the Bread of Presence with their own families.

When I heard her say that, the image of having my dinner plate, silverware and glass of milk placed inside a box set on its side at my place at the table (to keep me from looking around and not eating [at the desired speed?]), literally JUMPED into my mind. and I realized... although my husband and I often do eat at the same time (and even sometimes have the same meal - I know, how shocking!) it is very seldom that we eat at the same table... much less at the 'dining room table'... usually special occasions, when we have guests... and it got me wondering about any connection between the two.

Guess I'll have to try and catch their conversation again tomorrow to see where it leads. 

P.S. Ah, well... I'll just have to ponder the concept, as I got no new input; the program subject was different the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment