Friday, December 16, 2011

Peace and Quiet


(Thomas Kinkade painting, A Peaceful Retreat)



Ah, this life is so noisy sometimes... and finding some time to get away into some peace and quiet can be so difficult. So where can I go to find it? 


To quote a song, "Wouldn't it be loverly?" ...to be able to trek off to say, a cabin, with a fireplace, by a river... out in the woods some where... just to ... get away from it all? Looking at such a picture offers a bit of the peace I oft times found fishing and camping as a kid, or hiking as a youth, riding my bike through the woods between the base and the town I lived in over in Germany in my 20s... 


Which brings me to a thought the Lord brought to me the other day, when I was somewhat unhappy with the number of different things that scream for my time and attention. How does that verse go? ... something about "he who loses his life for My sake will find it".... I had actually began wondering who I was anymore! So it shouldn't be surprising that I would feel the need to find that solitude place to renew my spirit, and just hang out with God, His Spirit and His Word. 


As it is, most times just being online, without any contact such as inSpeak or PalTalk, when I can sit here in my back room and listen to the fan blow seems to work okay. Other times, the empty sanctuary at church is a good place to find that solitude I seek... a place where God and I can be alone. 


It's just something I need more often than I get it. 

Sunday 11 March 2007 - 08:17PM

No comments:

Post a Comment